Altium has some great online training courses coming up. You can learn more or register here.
This Instructor Lead Altium Designer 20 course will walk through the entire design capture process, starting from User Interface, Project creation, Schematic entry, then Layout, Documentation and finally Fabrication Outputs. In addition to the design-centric modules, it will explore building the libraries for use in design capture and layout, walking through both schematic symbol and footprint library generation. Other topics include, Multi-sheet design, Classes and Rooms, Global Editing and Polygons.
The 3-day course will cover 31 modules, plus exercises to provide hands-on experience with the application. Students will gain a solid grounding in the tool features and best practices essential for success. Students will receive an Altium Training Certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Students who complete this class will be able to use more powerful Altium Designer features to improve their efficiency in creating printed circuit board designs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
New and moderately experienced Altium Designer users will benefit from this complete course.
If you are interested in one of Altium's advanced training courses, see their upcoming dates here.
- Getting Started - Environment, Panels, Toolbars, Menus, Design Documents, Design Project, Schematic Preferences
- Libraries - Library and Component Management Techniques, Integrated Libraries, Schematic Symbols & PCB Footprints
- Schematic Capture - Object placement and making the Connection, Schematic Grids and Cursors, Working with Graphic Objects and Electrical Objects Annotation, Global Editing, Compilation and Verify Hierarchy, Multi-sheet Design, Transfer to PCB Schematic Rules
- PCB - PCB User Interface and Preferences, PCB Navigation, Component Classes, Net classes Placement, Updates, Routing, Global Editing, Planes / Polygons, Layer Stack Manager, Defining the Board Shape, Grids, Rules, DRC and Resolving Design Violations
- Documentation - Creating a BOM, Output Types, Configuring Outputs, PCB Prints and Reports, Fabrication and Assembly Outputs